Q. How to treat bruise on my tricep area?

Dr. Prakashkumar P Bhatt

I am a 28-year-old male. I have a bruise on my tricep area with a hard bump in the middle. The bruise has gotten bigger and it has been there for three to four days. Please help.

I am currently taking Adderall.

#

I have seen the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

Yes, there is wedge shape hyperpigmented bruise over dorsum of the forearm and its color changes with time probably you had subtle trauma over that part.

Is it paining or itching? Any trivial trauma during sport or gym? Any family history of bleeding diathesis or excessive bleeding disorders? Are you taking any medication for anything? Waiting for your reply after that I will advise a skin cream for the same.

No itching, it is tender to the touch. I work as a mechanic, I hit myself all the time on hard metal parts and this has never happened to me. No bleeding disorders. I am prescribed Adderall for ADHD, that is the only thing I take.

I am not too concerned about the blemish, I just wanted to make sure it was not something harmful to my health.

#

If it is tender then more likely due to subtle nonmemorable trauma or hit. It is less likely due to Adderall. Adderall also causes rash sometimes but you are taking it for a long time and it is not itchy so do not worry.

Apply Thrombophob gel over that region twice daily.

Use a forearm pad while working as mechanics, if possible.

Try to avoid small repetitive hits.

Use Acetaminophen/Paracetamol 500 mg if pain is significant.

| 

Why does my tooth hurt after biting something hard?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 12 years old. He bit a cookie yesterday, and it has hit his tooth. Now, he has a pain in the tooth. What to do now?  Read Full »

I have a hard bump on my eyebrow after a fall. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor,I had a fall before four days and hit my eye. I have a lump on my eyebrow, and that is not going down or getting better. It is hard and painful.  Read Full »

My daughter gets bruises on her legs without any injury. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, This query is regarding my 8 year old daughter. She has been constantly getting bruises on her legs. We think this bruise occurs automatically and may not be due to injury. We have been noticing these bruises for the past 6 to 7 years. It fades away automatically after few days. We c...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»