Q. How to treat bruise on my tricep area?

Dr. Prakashkumar P Bhatt

I am a 28-year-old male. I have a bruise on my tricep area with a hard bump in the middle. The bruise has gotten bigger and it has been there for three to four days. Please help.

I am currently taking Adderall.

#

I have seen the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

Yes, there is wedge shape hyperpigmented bruise over dorsum of the forearm and its color changes with time probably you had subtle trauma over that part.

Is it paining or itching? Any trivial trauma during sport or gym? Any family history of bleeding diathesis or excessive bleeding disorders? Are you taking any medication for anything? Waiting for your reply after that I will advise a skin cream for the same.

No itching, it is tender to the touch. I work as a mechanic, I hit myself all the time on hard metal parts and this has never happened to me. No bleeding disorders. I am prescribed Adderall for ADHD, that is the only thing I take.

I am not too concerned about the blemish, I just wanted to make sure it was not something harmful to my health.

#

If it is tender then more likely due to subtle nonmemorable trauma or hit. It is less likely due to Adderall. Adderall also causes rash sometimes but you are taking it for a long time and it is not itchy so do not worry.

Apply Thrombophob gel over that region twice daily.

Use a forearm pad while working as mechanics, if possible.

Try to avoid small repetitive hits.

Use Acetaminophen/Paracetamol 500 mg if pain is significant.

|