Q. I have something like a bruise. Can you tell me what it is?

I have an issue with my skin. It has changed color, maybe a bruise or something even though it is not itchy or painful.

#

Yes, it appears to be a bruise only (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Commonly this occurs due to trauma or injury noticed or unnoticed. So do you remember any history of injury while walking, playing, driving, etc.? Is there any possibility of injury during sleep? If yes then it is fine and it will resolve in a week or two.

Is it just a single bruise or multiple over the body? You should try to search at other sites as well. If multiple or there is no clear-cut history or possibility of injury, then we need to rule low platelet count as a cause for the bruise. So, you should get platelet count, and PT INR test done in order to rule out clotting problem.

Hope this helps you and get back if you have any doubts.

For more information consult a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

No, I do not have other bruises. I might have got an injury due to my work. Thanks a lot for clearing the issue.

#

This will resolve in a week or two. All the best.

| 

I still have painful bruises a year after iron injections. What needs to be done?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 55 year old female. 12 months ago, I was given four iron injections in my buttocks alternating over four weeks. There is staining area of about six inches on each side which is fading. However, on the top and bottom edges of the stained area is a blue bruise which is as painful...  Read Full »

What causes double vision after an accident?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 16 years old. She met with an accident and got an injury on her face. It was operated by a maxillofacial surgeon. The upper portion of the right eye is red. She can open her eye, but she is having double vision. What to do?  Read Full »

I have a hard bump on my eyebrow after a fall. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor,I had a fall before four days and hit my eye. I have a lump on my eyebrow, and that is not going down or getting better. It is hard and painful.  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»