Q. My genital redness exists still after medication. Please help.

Answered by Dr. Shreyansh Talesra and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

Do you have a question on Bumps In Pubic Area or Candid B Cream? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am 25 years old male. My problem is redness of the genitals. It has been two months now. It first started from my penis head with four or five red bumps like spots. Then I consulted a dermatologist. He gave me Candid-B cream to apply and some anti-fungal tablets. But I mistakenly use liquid Dettol in water to wash my penis, and it spread badly to my scrotum area. Whole red no itching and no pain just a little red nerves beneath.

I have used creams like Onabet, Dermiford k5 prescribed by doctors. And have done 25 days course of Itraconazole 200 mg two times per day. And that with Onabet cream and glycerin lotion. The last cream I used was Betnovate gm, which damaged my penis and gave me a burning sensation on scrotum and foreskin. Now I am applying no cream, only keeping ice pack, and I consulted another doctor. He said after seeing pictures that there is no fungus just irritant contact dermatitis. Please help.