Q. I have a red dot on my penis head. Could it be herpes?

Answered by Dr. Ruth Agustin and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Bumps On Penis or Early Pre Cancer? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: I have a red dot on my penis head.  Could it be herpes?

Hello doctor,

I had a UTI two years ago that went untreated which resulted in the problem. I now have a permanent red dot on the head of my penis. No pain, bump or itching has ever come from the said dot. It has not increased in size in over a year. I have been using Kermatazole on the penis head for over a year now when the redness gets brighter. I take comprehensive STD tests every four months. The readings are always the same and the results negative. Now, I am worried that I have tested as an early case of herpes II simplex (genital herpes). I have performed two HSV2 IGG quant tests this year. Four months ago, I tested with a reading of 0.076. This month, I tested with a reading of 0.232. I had several different sexual partners during this period with unprotected contact, but no unprotected penetration, including two days before the most recent test. Should I be worried I contracted genital herpes?