Q. I get chest tightness and difficulty in sleeping with normal results. How is it possible?

Dr. Ruhi Satija
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 27, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 07, 2020

I am a female, and weigh about 50 kg. I am currently having chest tightness and anxiety. I have been prescriped Zapiz 0.25. However, it is not helping much. Can I take another?

About a year ago, I was asked to start Serlift and I started weaning off them about three months ago.

Sometimes I feel chest tightness, difficutly in sleeping and butterflies in my chest for which I was prescribed to take Zapiz 0.25 as an SOS. I took a tablet about half an hour ago however do not see any relief. I wanted to know if it would be fine if I took another tablet of Zapiz 0.25. All my respiratory, heart, and chest tests, etc. are clear.

#

Your symptoms are of active anxiety, but only Zapiz (Clonazepam) is not going to cure anxiety for you. Zapiz is a temporary relaxant (Benzodiazepines are relaxants used in an emergency) and works well when there are active symptoms of anxiety. But it is not a permanent solution.

Why was Serlift stopped? And have you taken any therapy sessions?

Cognitive-behavioral therapy will help you recognize the negative thoughts which are keeping you in the loop of anxiety and you will be able to not let yourself get affected by them. Because we have to also focus on why you are getting anxiety at all. Medications and Cognitive behavioral therapy combined are a good way to treat anxiety disorder. Also, long term use of Zapiz is not good for health.

As of now, you can take Zapiz 0.25, twice it will relax you a little. I would suggest you to reconsider your medication and also start therapy sessions to get good results.

|