Q. I get chest tightness and difficulty in sleeping with normal results. How is it possible?

Dr. Ruhi Satija
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 27, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 07, 2020

I am a female, and weigh about 50 kg. I am currently having chest tightness and anxiety. I have been prescriped Zapiz 0.25. However, it is not helping much. Can I take another?

About a year ago, I was asked to start Serlift and I started weaning off them about three months ago.

Sometimes I feel chest tightness, difficutly in sleeping and butterflies in my chest for which I was prescribed to take Zapiz 0.25 as an SOS. I took a tablet about half an hour ago however do not see any relief. I wanted to know if it would be fine if I took another tablet of Zapiz 0.25. All my respiratory, heart, and chest tests, etc. are clear.

Dr. Ruhi Satija

Psychiatry
#

Your symptoms are of active anxiety, but only Zapiz (Clonazepam) is not going to cure anxiety for you. Zapiz is a temporary relaxant (Benzodiazepines are relaxants used in an emergency) and works well when there are active symptoms of anxiety. But it is not a permanent solution.

Why was Serlift stopped? And have you taken any therapy sessions?

Cognitive-behavioral therapy will help you recognize the negative thoughts which are keeping you in the loop of anxiety and you will be able to not let yourself get affected by them. Because we have to also focus on why you are getting anxiety at all. Medications and Cognitive behavioral therapy combined are a good way to treat anxiety disorder. Also, long term use of Zapiz is not good for health.

As of now, you can take Zapiz 0.25, twice it will relax you a little. I would suggest you to reconsider your medication and also start therapy sessions to get good results.

| 

I have an anxiety problem from the past 10 years. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, Anxiety is every day of my life. I rarely get small breaks without anxiety. It has been 10 years now. Panic attacks do come. I am taking Xanax 0.5 mg 1 to 3 days. I am a 26 years old male, and my height and weight are 5.9" and 80 kg respectively. Please help.  Read Full »

Can high triglycerides cause dizziness?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31 year old male, and my query is related to high BP, light-headedness, and high lipids. Let me first share a background and then I will come to the problem. I am over 6 feet tall, and my weight presently is about 113 kg. I smoke cigarettes regularly, around 6 to 7 every day, fo...  Read Full »

I have pain,extreme fatigue,unsteadiness and muscle twitching.I do not know if all these symptoms are related to one issue or more.

Query: Hello doctor, I have had this problem for 8 years with no proper solutions. Please help. Strange sensations, tiredness, feeling of heaviness in the arms and legs. Hands and feet become warm. I have an electrical shock like feeling in face. I have extreme fatigue, unsteadiness and muscle twitching...  Read Full »