Q. I have small red granules in my stool. What is it?

Dr. Alexander Davis, Md

Dear sir,

I am 29 yrs old. before three years, I was first noticed bright red blood drops after passing stools. I was constipation from my childhood and I was worried after seeing blood. I consult with GI doctor and they give some remedies for constipation. After that, I am not seeing any blood during bowl moment. My constipation also gone. I feels comfortable after that.

Last week, I saw red blood on the surface of my stool very little in the last portion of my stool. Next day to still I am not observing blood, but I saw some very small red coloured granuls stone like in my stools. These are very hard and two to three granus ony can see. It is very very little in size. I didn't feel any pain. I am feeling gas problems and stomach upset. Usually, I took meals, in any time, I am not eat food regular intervals. I am not working. I am worried too much. What may be the reason for the problems.

#

I truly can understand your worries.

With just 29 years of age you are normally too young for bowel cancer, but to rule out all risks it would be a good idea to get a colonoscopy done if you have access to this level of health care. In addition for tumor marker M2PK in the stool might also help to rule out serious causes like inflammations etc. The most likely cause are hemorrhoids. These can be treated easily and painless by a proctologist. That’s where I would go first. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Small bleeding source in rectum.

Proctoscopy
(Maybe colonoscopy)
M2PK stool test

Inflammation
Cancer (not likely)

Hemorrhoids stage 2

Seeing a proctologist.

Use stool softener like 400mg Magnesium a day, and drink at least 2 liters of fluid per day.

Any time.

|