Q. I had unprotected sex on the 20th day of my cycle. Will I get pregnant?

I have anxiety, and I think I might get pregnant even though it is not likely. I had unprotected sex yesterday, and it was the 20th day of my cycle. My cycles are usually 28 days long. I had egg white cervical mucus (EWCM) on day 14, and after that, it stopped, which I think means that ovulation is over. You can get pregnant only 24 days after ovulation. So, is there any chance I could get pregnant? I mean, maybe I have mistaken ewcm for something else. I know the odds are low, but I cannot calm down, and I also had one anxiety attack. Please help.

#

First of all, I like to inform you that for a woman with 28 days regular cycle, the odds of getting pregnant on the 20th day of the cycle is very low, if any. This is because the ovulation occurs on the 14th day before the next cycle, which translates to the 14th day of the cycle.

The ovum survives for 24 to 48 hours in most instances, and it is not possible to survive beyond 72 hours, which translates to the 17th day.

I also like to inform you that there are emergency contraceptive pills in the market which can be bought over the counter and can be used after the unprotected intercourse when the odds of getting pregnant are very high. These pills are effective up to five days after the intercourse, and if you have not passed that mark, you can opt for an emergency contraceptive pill.

|