Q. Is there a chance to get pregnant in woman on top position?

Answered by
Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 14, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 03, 2019

Hi doctor,

I am 29 years old and my wife is 26. I have been married for 2 years now. We are trying for baby since last 1 year but with no positive result. We used to intercourse as per ovulation calculator but my problem is that I can ejaculate only when she is on top.

I fail to ejaculate when I am on top or in missionary position. In this position I suddenly lose my erection within 50 to 60 seconds.

Is there any chance to get pregnant when woman on top? What should I do to increase my stamina? How to overcome sudden erection loss while intercourse in missionary position? I have attached my semen report here for your reference.



Welcome to

First, I would like to tell you that there is no problem in conception even if woman is on top. The possibility of pregnancy is not in the position. Women can get pregnant even when semen is outside the vulva or thighs and even with precum. So, do not lose hope.

I went through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Except for some infection in your semen there is no problem.

I would like to know the medication you have taken regarding this issue. How long has your wife being taking ovulation induction medicine? Hopefully I will be able to guide you better after that.

Revert back with the answers for the above questions.

Hi doctor,

With respect to the questions above, the medicine given to me is Fertisure M and my wife is prescribed with Ovacare.



Welcome back to

Fertisure M is good for low sperm count. It will increase your sperm count but it will not decrease your pus cells. You have some infection in your semen for which antibiotics would be a good idea.

Ovacare is good for increasing the egg size. Keep increasing the dose till egg size of 25 mm is achieved. Hope this information will be helpful.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
I missed my pills on two consecutive days. Should I stop or continue the pack?

.. the pill. So, you had the withdrawal bleeding. It is better if you take a combined pill for PCOS (polycystic ovaries syndrome). I suggest you stop the drug and start a combined pill from day-5. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or h...   Read full

Delayed Periods: When to Suspect Pregnancy?

.. possibility of unintended pregnancies in young sexually active women and suggests some hints on timing the intercourse to minimize the risk of unplanned pregnancies, and consequently their adverse effects on the female reproductive health .. ...   Read full

What does it mean to have dreams about being pregnant?

.. pregnancy ,conception are more common in women that have been trying to conceive for long time and remained unsuccessful or had bad obstetric history like multiple miscarriages, intrauterine fetal deaths, still births, newborn baby 's death or ...   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

Managing Diabetes During Festive Season
All the festivals are indirectly a danger sign for diabetic patients. Read this article to know more about how to handle...  Read more»
What You Should Eat and Drink for A Healthy Life!!
Food is essential for our survival, and what we eat definitely impacts our health. We can easily reduce the risk of many...  Read more»
What Is ADHD and How Is It Managed?
This article discusses ADHD, whether it is a real condition, features of ADHD, how to recognize and manage this common c...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Obstetrician & Gynaecologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.