Q. Is there a chance to get pregnant in woman on top position?

Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta

I am 29 years old and my wife is 26. I have been married for 2 years now. We are trying for baby since last 1 year but with no positive result. We used to intercourse as per ovulation calculator but my problem is that I can ejaculate only when she is on top.

I fail to ejaculate when I am on top or in missionary position. In this position I suddenly lose my erection within 50 to 60 seconds.

Is there any chance to get pregnant when woman on top? What should I do to increase my stamina? How to overcome sudden erection loss while intercourse in missionary position? I have attached my semen report here for your reference.

Do you have a question on Conception & Pregnancy or Pregnancy?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta

MBBS., MD
Obstetrics And Gynaecology

First, I would like to tell you that there is no problem in conception even if woman is on top. The possibility of pregnancy is not in the position. Women can get pregnant even when semen is outside the vulva or thighs and even with precum. So, do not lose hope.

I went through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Except for some infection in your semen there is no problem.

I would like to know the medication you have taken regarding this issue. How long has your wife being taking ovulation induction medicine? Hopefully I will be able to guide you better after that.

Revert back with the answers for the above questions.

With respect to the questions above, the medicine given to me is Fertisure M and my wife is prescribed with Ovacare.

Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta

MBBS., MD
Obstetrics And Gynaecology

Fertisure M is good for low sperm count. It will increase your sperm count but it will not decrease your pus cells. You have some infection in your semen for which antibiotics would be a good idea.

Ovacare is good for increasing the egg size. Keep increasing the dose till egg size of 25 mm is achieved. Hope this information will be helpful.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

I missed my pills on two consecutive days. Should I stop or continue the pack?
Query: Hello doctor, I am being treated for PCOS. My gynecologist prescribed me Irozorb syrup, ovacare tablets, and Sysron-N. I started taking them on the fifth day of my last period. I missed my Sysron pill on the 22nd and 23rd. I took my usual dosage now today. I got my period. Should I continue the tab...  Read Full »
Dr. Deepika Joshi Khare

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You missed the pill. So, you had the withdrawal bleeding. It is better if you take a combined pill for PCOS (polycystic ovaries syndrome). I suggest you stop the drug and start a combined pill from day-5. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and star...  Read Full »

Is there any abnormality in my semen report?
Query: Hi doctor, I have been married for two years now. We have been trying for baby since last one year, but not getting any positive result. We used to intercourse as per ovulation calculator, but my problem is that I can ejaculate only when she is on top. But, I failed to ejaculate in another position...  Read Full »
Geriatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query with keen interest and reviewed the attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). From the available description, it appears that there is no gross abnormality from the semen analysis point of view and you have sufficient sperms to i...  Read Full »

How to increase sperm count?
Query: Hi doctor, My sperm count is low; it has dropped from 18 million to 3 million within a period of five months time. I have been diagnosed with bilateral varicocele. I have consulted three urologists. The first doctor advised me to go for ART (artificial reproductive technology) second one prescribed...  Read Full »
Dr. Gopinath
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. After going through your report (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I am aware that you are suffering from severe oligozoospermia (oligospermia). After four days of abstinence, please repeat the semen analysis. Even after repeating the tests, if the sperm...  Read Full »

Ask a Doctor Now