Q. Is there a chance to get pregnant in woman on top position?

Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 14, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 03, 2019

I am 29 years old and my wife is 26. I have been married for 2 years now. We are trying for baby since last 1 year but with no positive result. We used to intercourse as per ovulation calculator but my problem is that I can ejaculate only when she is on top.

I fail to ejaculate when I am on top or in missionary position. In this position I suddenly lose my erection within 50 to 60 seconds.

Is there any chance to get pregnant when woman on top? What should I do to increase my stamina? How to overcome sudden erection loss while intercourse in missionary position? I have attached my semen report here for your reference.

#

First, I would like to tell you that there is no problem in conception even if woman is on top. The possibility of pregnancy is not in the position. Women can get pregnant even when semen is outside the vulva or thighs and even with precum. So, do not lose hope.

I went through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Except for some infection in your semen there is no problem.

I would like to know the medication you have taken regarding this issue. How long has your wife being taking ovulation induction medicine? Hopefully I will be able to guide you better after that.

Revert back with the answers for the above questions.

With respect to the questions above, the medicine given to me is Fertisure M and my wife is prescribed with Ovacare.

#

Fertisure M is good for low sperm count. It will increase your sperm count but it will not decrease your pus cells. You have some infection in your semen for which antibiotics would be a good idea.

Ovacare is good for increasing the egg size. Keep increasing the dose till egg size of 25 mm is achieved. Hope this information will be helpful.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|