Semen Infection

What are the chances of pregnancy with the woman on top position?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 29 years old and my wife is 26. I have been married for 2 years now. We are trying for baby since last 1 year but with no positive result. We used to intercourse as per ovulation calculator but my problem is that I can ejaculate only when she is on top. I fail to ejaculate when I am ...  Read Full »

Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First, I would like to tell you that there is no problem in conception even if woman is on top. The possibility of pregnancy is not in the position. Women can get pregnant even when semen is outside the vulva or thighs and even with precum. So, do not lose hope. I went...  Read Full »

What causes watery semen?

Query: Hello doctor, I have done a semen analysis today. Though I had not ejaculated for the past five days, still the semen was very watery. It was probably because I was not comfortable with the clinic and it was a forced ejaculation. Please check the reports and suggest the interpretation of the same. I...  Read Full »

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? The semen sample will not be affected by the condition in which you have collected it or the stressed mental state. As per this report, the semen is not getting liquefied as it is deficient in some enzymes. So, the motility of the sperms is low as...  Read Full »

I have chronic pelvic pain syndrome. Do I need physiotherapy or surgery?

Query: Hello doctor,My question is regarding chronic testicular pain and the possible treatment options. For the past six months, I have experienced on and off bilateral discomfort in my testicles. It was uncomfortable but not too painful. It would go away for a couple of weeks before returning for a few ...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Relax and do not worry. Yes, you are suffering from chronic orchialgia. It is a part of chronic pelvic pain syndrome. Now regarding the pelvic exercises, if you are feeling better and your pain remains only 2 or 3, then I feel you should continue it at presen...  Read Full »

What could the pain in my scrotum in the spermatic cord region be?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 32-year-old male with a weight of 58 kg and my height is 5 feet 3 inches. I have been married for six years. I have two children. I had yellowish like liquid discharge from my penis a year ago with burning while urinating. I consulted a urologist and he prescribed me Norflox 40...  Read Full »

Dr. Karthik Rajan

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your symptoms. You seem to be suffering from an infection in your spermatic cord that is the cause of your scrotal pain. This is treated with antibiotics but the duration of treatment is usually for two weeks or more. The pain you have on mastu...  Read Full »

Other than masturbation, how to collect sperm for semen analysis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am in a need to provide a sample for sperm analysis. I could ejaculate during sex. But, when I try to provide sperm for analysis by masturbation, I failed. Can I provide home sample? Is there any other way available for this like vibrator? Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Radhakrishnan Nair B

Obstetrician And Gynaecologist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can collect the sperm sample at home and should reach the laboratory within 45 minutes. You can try during intercourse and collect it in a bottle when you are about to ejaculate. But, that can contaminate and show signs of infection. Vibrators are available, but need ...  Read Full »

Can you interpret my semen analysis reports in layman terms?

Query: Hello doctor,Good day. My wife and I are trying to conceive and one of the tests done was a semen analysis test for me. I picked the results up from the lab, but I would not be able to see my doctor till a couple of days because of work. I am anxious and I would love an interpretation. I have attach...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The attached report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) suggests that it has normal liquefaction time, total sperm count is in the normal range and active mobile is low, volume adequate, and normal morphology is low and also has puss cell which indicates...  Read Full »

How to improve the chance of pregnancy in case of a semen infection?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 45 year old male, and my wife is 26 years. We have been trying to have a baby for the past seven years. I had a sperm analysis in 2011. My count was 68 m, all the parameters were good except the presence of Proteus spp. bacteria. The doctor injected me with gentamycin once, and...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? I have seen your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Let me start on a positive note by saying that she stands a very good chance of pregnancy, but there are some small issues in your infertility treatment which I will try to cl...  Read Full »

Are there abnormalities in my semen analysis reports?

Query: Hello doctor, Please find my semen analysis results attached. Are there any abnormalities? And, if so, what is the treatment to be done?  Read Full »

Dr. Deepti Verma

Fetal Medicine Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and understand your concerns. I have reviewed the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The semen count is normal, but the motility is decreased. Motility can be decreased in an infection or if there is a deficiency o...  Read Full »