Q. My CRP value is 2. 61. What does it indicate?

Dr. Anshuman Srivastava
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 05, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

In my routine blood check, the CRP value came up as 2.61. Is this harmful? The lipid profile is as per nominal value. I am attaching the reports.

Dr. Anshuman Srivastava

#

I went through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• I find that your MCV (mean corpuscular volume) is raised, and SGOT (serum glutamic oxaloacetic transaminase) and SGPT (serum glutamic pyruvic transaminase) are slightly raised and CRP as well.
  • A raised CRP is suggestive of active inflammation somewhere in the body. A raised SGOT and SGPT can be due to fatty liver, while MCV is usually raised in vitamin B12 deficiency or in persons with a history of alcohol intake.
  • Do not worry much about CRP. Get an ultrasound done of the liver.
  • If the report is suggestive of a fatty liver, then you need to have a low-sugar and low-fat diet. Also, cut down on alcohol if you drink.
  • If you do not have any pains or aches in any part of the body, then CRP is not much of a value.

For more information consult a general medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

| 

Thank you. Sometimes, I have a stiffness in my left shoulder and a pain in the heels early in the morning. Please suggest some medicine.

Dr. Anshuman Srivastava

#

• Take Zerodol MR (a combination of Aceclofenac and Tizanidine) once a day or five days. Do not take this for a long time and without your doctor's consent.

|