Q. What is the use of Loponin injection?

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 14, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I had PCOS. We have been trying to conceive for the past two years. I have had one biochemical pregnancy before 10 months and one missed miscarriage before six months. After this we tried on our own for the next four months, but no success. We again went to see the doctor and she asked us to try naturally. We have been trying naturally, since then. She gave us the following medicines: Duphaston twice daily, All 9D (vitamin B), Fertiplus (Myoinositol and vitamin D) and Ecosprin 75 mg once daily. She also gave me an injection Fertigyn on day 10 of my cycle. My question is why has not she prescribed me Estradiol valerate? I hope it will support pregnancy? Can I take it with the above medicines? Along with all medicines prescribed by her, I also take Vitex 200 mg daily as my friend suggested me to take it. Please help me as I do not want to let this chance go. Today is day 13 of my cycle. Is there anything else you would want to suggest? Because next month she has asked us to go for IUI. My husband's report is absolutely fine and even I have overcome the PCOS problems and ovulate properly.

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

PCOS - polycystic ovarian syndrome women are inherently at higher risk of abortion (due to reasons at molecular levels). The risk can be reduced by healthy lifestyle, proper weight and regular exercise and not by medicines.

• The medicines you are taking are more than sufficient for achieving and continuing the pregnancy.
  • If endometrial thickness is normal, then the addition of Estradiol valerate is unlikely to be of use. Please do not take estradiol.
  • Just addition of single HCG injection (human chorionic gonadotropin) either for ovulation or three to four days after ovulation, should be sufficient. You do not need extra measures for achieving pregnancy.

Please remember, more medicines do not equate to increased chance of achieving or continuing pregnancy.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

Thank you doctor.

My doctor has also suggested me Lonopin 40 mg injection on every 6th day. She has asked me to get serum beta hCG done after three injections. What is the use of this injection?

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• The Loponin injection is given to prevent clotting of blood in the endometrium or placenta.
  • When your APLA test (antiphospholipid antibodies) is negative, Lonopin is less likely to be helpful.
  • The dose suggested is very low and is likely to be insufficient if at all needed. Please take second opinion from some other doctor in person.

|