Q. My wife missed her period for 5 days. What might be the reason?

Dr. Reetika Joshi
and medically reviewed by Dr. K Shobana
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 05, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jun 12, 2021

Hi doctor

I had sexual intercourse with my wife. I inserted my penis into her vagina for few seconds. I did not ejaculate sperms inside. Now, she has missed her periods for five days from her usual date. Other than this, she does not have any other symptoms. Kindly suggest.

#

I understand your concern. Your wife is experiencing a delay in periods. It occurs due to several reasons like pregnancy, PCOD (polycystic ovarian disease), obesity, and stress. But there is a possibility to have some release of sperms from your precum for few seconds. As her period got delayed by five days, kindly do a pregnancy test with the first urine of the day for having accurate results. Do not drink much fluid prior to the test. Adhere to all the guidelines written on the pregnancy test kit. Polycystic ovarian disease occurs in females of the reproductive age group. It shows signs like thinning of hair and scalp, weight gain or loss, and acne. It also causes irregularities in periods. Your wife can reduce weight by five kilograms approximately. It will help her to be healthy and helps her to have regular periods. Try to stay away from stress. Kindly share the details of the pregnancy test after doing it and then I can help you further with the management of her menstrual health.

|