Q. What can be the causes of delayed periods after taking birth control pills?

Dr. Goswami Parth Rajendragiri

Can I be pregnant? I am late for my periods. I have been experiencing drowsiness, fatigue, acne, and an unusual vaginal discharge. It started in the third week of December. I took birth control pills but stopped on the ninth day. My boyfriend and I tried to have sex, but we used condoms. And I have not got my period this month. Is this normal since I took birth control pills, or could I be pregnant?

#

I read your query and understand your concern.

Following is my opinion on your asked question-

Birth control pills can delay the periods for one or two weeks. So, your delayed period might be due to the usage of pills.

You have used contraception during sex. Hence, pregnancy chances are very less.

However, the period is delayed for one to two weeks from the expected date. If you have doubts about contraception failure like leakage of semen in the vagina, I suggest you check for pregnancy by urine card test.

A pregnancy card test gives results in five minutes which can be used to ensure that you are not having a pregnancy.

I hope I have answered your question.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Best regards.

|