Q. My retainers do not cover wisdom teeth. Please help.

Answered by Dr. Prerna Jain and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Dental Retainer or Orthodontic Treatment? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I wear Essix retainers at night after braces. Recently, I broke my two front teeth and had them bonded. I had to get new retainers and got them from the clinic but my new retainers do not cover my wisdom teeth. I have all 32 of my teeth. Is there a risk of my wisdom teeth hyper erupting?