Q. The corner of my toenails are becoming grayish-blue in color. Is it nail melanoma?

Dr. B T Priya
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 30, 2020 and last reviewed on: Mar 26, 2021

I have four-month-old twin girl babies. After delivery, I got a blood clot under the left toenail. Another toenail shows a light shade of grey color. I do not have pain. But sometimes, I am not able to walk. I am afraid of this issue. All corners of my fingernail have become blue after taking Onabet lotion. But there is no cure. Now, I am taking Zincovit syrup and Triboost tablet for the past two months. I am using Sertaconazole nitrate lotion on all my fingernails. I have a height of four feet eight inches and a weight of 57 kilograms. Please suggest.

#

According to your description, you are suffering from onychomycosis. It is a fungal nail infection. You are using the right medication. Nail fungus takes time to get cured. Toenails grow slower than fingernails. It takes a time of seven to eight months to get cured. If you are taking tablets, it will get cured faster. Reduce water immersion.

I doubt it as nail melanoma. So I am afraid of it.

#

Cancer or melanoma is a very rare condition to occur at this age. Please mention whether you have any black spots adjoining the nails. Please send your pictures.

|