Q. The corner of my toenails are becoming grayish-blue in color. Is it nail melanoma?

Dr. B. T. Priya

I have 4 month old twin girl babies. After delivery under my left toenail under blood clot. And another toenail light shade of grey color. No pain. But sometimes not comfortable to walk. Can cure or not mam. I am afraid for this. So tell the reason and suggestion cure or not. All corner of fingernail become bluish after taking onabet lotion drops they are hidden. But toenail not cure. Now I taking zincovit SYRUP, TRIBOOST TABLET last two month . Sertaconazole nitrate drops lotion put to all finger nail . Height 147cm weight 57 kg. Please tell suggestion mam.

# Hi.
From the description you are suffering from Onychomycosis.. Fungal nail infection
You have been given the right medication s for it
Since you are feeding the babies no internal antifungals given as tablets
Nail fungus will take a long time to be cured
Toe nails grow slower than finger nails
So it will take almost 7 to 8 months.. Even more
If you are taking tablets it will be cured faster
After breastfeeding is over we will start on tablets inside
Reduce water immersion
Take care
Mam another doubt .In internet they put nail melanoma. So I get afraid mam .
#

Hi Please don't get terrified seeing the internet. Any symptoms you have the final diagnosis would be given as? Cancer. Melanoma is very rare condition.

Is there any black spots on the skin adjoining the nail.. You must have searched Hutchinson sign.. Please ignore..

Fungus is very common thing.. Please send pictures if still you are worried Take care

|