Q. Migraine with aura followed my dull eye pain, and I see floater. Please help.

Dr. Prashant Koranmath

I am having dull pain in my right eye region for a week. An aura migraine followed the pain. I do see floaters in both eyes. I visited an ophthalmologist; he dilated me and said everything was fine. I did an MRI three months back. It also showed everything to be normal. My current medications are Diltiazem, Buspar, Sertraline, Lorazepam, and Levothyroxine.

I am worried about my health.

Kindly help.

#

Dull pain in eyes and headache will be there in sinusitis and can also happen due to refractive error, but your tests are normal.You should also start medications for migraine. Floaters are jelly like substance in the eye called vitreous and as age progresses it starts to liquify and you start seeing floaters. You should go to an ophthalmologist immediately in case if there is increase in number of these floaters, or decrease in vision, or if you see flashes of light. Because these are the signs of retinal detachment.

Since you got your eyes tested and everything is fine, and the MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) report is also fine. Do not worry.

Take care.

Thanks so much.

I have floaters when I am on my computer or phone or if I look at anything bright. My vision has not changed in the affected eye. It does not hurt to move my eye either. I do see lights from time to time, but only when I am on the computer. They are part of the floaters, I believe. These are nothing new for me.

Thank you very much.

#

If you see floaters only in bright light or on white background, you should ignore them. Using computers and smartphones causes dry eyes due to decreased blink rate.

I advise you the following;

1) Take frequent breaks.

2) Look at the distant objects as eyes are strained, looking at the close object for a long time.

3) Keep brightness minimal.

4) Use Refresh gel eye drops (Carboxymethylcellulose sodium) thrice daily.

5) Use antiglare glasses.

Take care.

|