Q. My right ear is blocked for more than two weeks. Please suggest a solution.

My right ear is blocked for more than two weeks and it is not opening, whatever I may try. I am currently taking Itraconazole and Levocetirizine.

#

Is there any other complaint like ear discharge or giddiness? Are you taking any local ear drops? Are the medicines you mentioned prescribed by some doctor or self medicines? Do you have any associated nose block or throat pain? Is it possible that water could have entered the ear and swollen up the wax inside?

I have no giddiness. I have not used any ear drops. I just used coconut oil once into my ear after the blockage which did not work. The medicines which I am taking is prescribed by a doctor for fungal infection between my legs, which is now cured but still having doses for two more days.

I do not have any nose block but the cough is there sometimes when I wake up in the morning. No pain anywhere, neither in the throat nor in nose. I guess water has not entered into my ear. Whenever I press my teeth, my ear opens then closes again. No pain in the ear, it is just blocked.

#

Based on the information you gave, it is not possible to diagnose your condition exactly. Nevertheless, I would suspect either of the two below:

1. Wax.

2. Eustachian tube catarrh.

What I would suggest is use Ciplox (Ciprofloxacin) ear drops three drops thrice daily in the affected ear for four days, continue Cetirizine 5, once in the evening for four days, Otrivin nasal drops two drops thrice daily in each nostril for four days to relieve the eustachian tube block (it is a nose drop, not for ear). Steam inhalation through the nose for a few minutes after Otrivin nose drops.

Follow the above and review after four days before stopping the medicines.

| 

Can you suggest some medicine for ear blockage?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from a left ear blockage, and it happens to me many times. Blockages get open when I move my jaw. I am suffering from this issue for the past two to three years, but not regularly. Commonly, I used to get it after swimming and due to cold. I am not taking any medicine ri...  Read Full »

My right ear is slightly blocked. Please suggest a remedy.

Query: Hello doctor, Two days back, I had a severe pain in my right ear. One fine evening, the pain went severe starting from the head till the chin. I had visited an ENT doctor who removed a lot of earwax through EUM suction procedure. Since then, I got relief from the pain. But, I feel my right ear is s...  Read Full »

I have ear pain after removing ear wax. Is it serious?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been suffering from ear pain for the last two days and it has become really serious now. The entire right side of my face has gone numb and I am not able to hear properly in my right ear. I can listen to some hissing sound. I remember cleaning my ear with my fingers and tried to...  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»