Q. Please explain the echo report in detail along with remedy.

Dr. Vivek Pillai
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 25, 2018 and last reviewed on: Aug 20, 2020

Dear doctor,

My mother has some problem. Nothing specific, but a general weakness with increased heart rate sometimes. After a course of gastroenterology specialist checkup, no abnormality was found in the gastrointestinal tract. But, now an echocardiography reveals some type of dysfunction in the heart. I attached the echo report. Please explain the report with the remedy and how serious it may be. Explain in detail.

Dr. Vivek Pillai

Cardiology
#

I have gone through your mother's reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The LV (left ventricular) diastolic dysfunction in the echo is normally seen in females of her age and is not a cause for worry.

The heart rate in both the ECGs (echocardiogram) you uploaded is in the high normal range. The potassium at 3.1 is low, and that could be the cause of weakness, along with anemia for which she is receiving iron therapy. The heart appears fine to me.

Regards and all the best.

For more information consult a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

|