Q. There are multiple painful cracks on palm. What could this be?

Dr. Kalpana Pathak
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 08, 2013 and last reviewed on: Jan 20, 2022

There are multiple cracks in the palm with pain. If I touch anything, I get a wound. I can see that the wound surface is hard and blackish. What is this?

#

From the description provided, it seems that you could be having eczema or psoriasis.

Right now, just use a good emollient like Cetaphil Dam over hands multiple times a day and apply Cosvate G cream (combination of Clobetasol propionate and Gentamicin sulfate) two to three times over hands.

Further management would depend upon the response and exact underlying cause of the disease.

Also, use a mild soap like Cetaphil to wash hands. Avoid exposure to detergents, hard soaps, chemicals, etc.

Visit a dermatologist in person for physical evaluation and further management.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|