iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersSexologyerectile dysfunctionDo mild venous incompetence in penis require any treatment?

Do I need treatment for mild venous incompetence in penis?


The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

Dr. K. Shobana

Published At May 15, 2016
Reviewed AtDecember 21, 2023

Patient's Query

Hi doctor,

I am suffering from erectile dysfunction. I had a few tests recently. I had a blood test to check male hormone profile and the result is as follows. Testosterone 1.77 ng/mL (range 2.70-10.20 ng/mL), FSH 3.78 mlU/mL (range 1.7-12.0 mlU/mL), LH 3.24 mlU/mL (range 2.0-12.0 mlU/mL) and TSH 5.97 uIU/mL (range 0.3-5.0 ulU/mL). The color Doppler study of penis gave the impression as mild venous incompetence, cavernosal arterial diastolic flow fall between 5 to 7 cm/second in tumescence state and no flow reversal seen in cavernosal arteries. My doctor said erectile dysfunction due to venous leakage and recommended medicine for four to five months. Is this problem a completely curable one?


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I can understand your concern and would like to tell you that though there is problem, but that can be corrected. There is no need to worry.

  • Your testosterone is low and this could be the reason for low sex drive. This can be treated by testosterone injection by a good psychiatrist or sexologist. This would help to improve your levels and you will feel better.
  • For mild venous incompetence usually no treatment is needed. In severe cases surgery is advised.
  • For relief of your poor libido I would advise you to take drugs like Sildenafil or Tadalafil. These drugs taken about half to one hour before sex help to increase the erection.
  • Sildenafil is available as 50 mg tablet and Tadalafil as 20 mg tablet. Tadalafil also has relatively long lasting action. Please visit a psychiatrist for help and get consent to start the tablet.

For further information consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnui
Dr. Seikhoo Bishnui


Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy