Color Doppler

How does a urologist diagnose low testosterone?

Query: Hi doctor,We are planning for a baby but I have a low sex drive. I am having sex twice a month. I have fatigue, stress, and low energy. I am standing for almost ten hours a day due to my job. After doing our routine check-up, we are planning to do IVF. The doctor advised me to do a semen analysis an...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the sent reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Please mention the months planned for having a baby. All the parameters are fine except for two things. Your serum testosterone is low and semen analysis shows that your sperm count i...  Read Full »

What should I do to help my painful, inflamed blood vessels in my left leg?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 77-year-old male. I exercise randomly. I have an inflamed blood vessel in my lower left leg that started hurting last night, about 20 hours ago. Such inflammation never occurred before. I took a picture of it in the mirror since otherwise, I cannot see it well. I can send it to...  Read Full »

Dr. Ahmad Mustafa

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The picture you have shared seems to be varicose veins (attachment removed to protect patient identity). But as the leg is inflamed and painful and you also have a history of peripheral neuropathy, you need to get a color Doppler of your leg done so that if there...  Read Full »

My father has a wound in his leg with cellulitis. How to treat it?

Query: Hi doctor,My father got a wound in his leg in a small accident. He is a diabetic and because of this reason, cellulitis has occurred in his leg. We took a treatment for that, but the treatment is somewhat doubtful to us. He is on Distaclor CD 375 and Debridase ointment. Please give us a suggestion.  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com We are here to help you. In evaluating his case, my recommendations would be that he should be admitted for a week and should be given injectable broad antibiotics according to his culture and sensitivity report. He would also require a color Doppler of his leg to rule out...  Read Full »

Please suggest treatment for skin damaged due to poor circulation.

Query: Hi doctor, I have dealt with leg swelling fairly constant for the last 10 years. The bottom of my legs including my ankles and feet are swollen every day. They have turned very dark. The discoloration was happening for about the last five years and has gotten worse over time. Basically, it will not ...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your concern. It seems that you are having stasis dermatitis. It is a common inflammatory skin disease in middle-aged and elderly patient. Stasis dermatitis occurs more commonly on the lower extremities. It is usually the earliest cutaneous manifestation of c...  Read Full »

Do I need treatment for mild venous incompetence in penis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from erectile dysfunction. I had a few tests recently. I had a blood test to check male hormone profile and the result is as follows. Testosterone 1.77 ng/mL (range 2.70-10.20 ng/mL), FSH 3.78 mlU/mL (range 1.7-12.0 mlU/mL), LH 3.24 mlU/mL (range 2.0-12.0 mlU/mL) and TSH...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern and would like to tell you that though there is problem, but that can be corrected. There is no need to worry. Your testosterone is low and this could be the reason for low sex drive. This can be treated by testosterone injection by a good...  Read Full »

Is orchiectomy necessary for testis torsion?

Query: Hi doctor, I am in need of your help. I had torsion in the left testis; however, it cannot be treated within the time. Now, 12-15 days has already passed. The doctor has suggested for orchiectomy (removal of the left testis) and fixing of right testis. Is orchiectomy necessary? What are the other th...  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The need of orchidectomy can be discussed, but the need of right side fixation that is, orchidopexy is compulsory to avoid mishap on the other side also. One testis is enough for sexual characters and to bear a child. In the same sitting, both testes can be evaluated. I...  Read Full »

Can you go through my penile Doppler reports and tell me if there is a problem?

Query: Hello doctor, I want to know about the penile color Doppler of the cavernosal arteries in erectile dysfunction. The color Doppler of cavernosal arteries was done after an intracavernosal injection of 0.8 ml of Papaverine (30 mg/ml) into the right corpus cavernosum. The initial diameter of the caver...  Read Full »

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Obstetrician And Gynaecologist, Sexologist, Andrologist, Infertility Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Often, the color Doppler of cavernosal arteries gives an erroneous result if there is a lack of psychological stimulation. Hence many laboratories use erotic visual stimulation. Having said this, a PSV (peak systolic velocity) of 30 cm/sec is considered normal, but 25 ...  Read Full »

Kindly comment on the results of my semen analysis.

Query: Hi doctor, I am 34 years old. I have been trying for a baby for the past three months. Regarding my semen count, I have a few doubts. I do like to know if it is normal. If not, then how to improve it? After abstaining for one week, the semen sample was given. The result showed grayish white, alkali...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwini Nanasaheb Talpe

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your semen analysis shows lots of dead sperm with low sperm count. It could be due to high blood sugars or some other pathology and that needs to be investigated. Please get the following tests done. TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone). 3 hours glucose tolerance test needs...  Read Full »