Q. Kindly look into my ultrasound and provide a detailed report.

Dr. Padmesh Jain
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 20, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

Please provide a detailed report for my ultrasound. I am attaching the same.

Dr. Padmesh Jain

Radiodiagnosis Radiology
#

• B mode technique, gray scale sonographic images interpreted along with a few color Doppler images. Excessive bowel gases limit adequate evaluation especially of the retroperitoneum.
  • Liver
  1. The liver is mildly enlarged in size spanning 17.70 cm craniocaudally.
  2. It is normal in shape and has smooth margins. 
  3. The hepatic parenchyma appears mildly coarse.
  4. However, no solid or cystic mass lesion or calcification is identified.
  5. No evidence of intrahepatic biliary radical dilatation. 
  • Portal vein: It Is normal in caliber with normal hepatopetal blood flow.
  • Gall bladder: It is partially distended and grossly appears normal.
  • Pancreas: The head and a part of the body of the pancreas is normal in size, shape, contour, and echotexture. The rest of the pancreas is obscured due to bowel gas artifacts.
  • Spleen: The spleen is mildly enlarged spanning 13.58 cm. There is no focal lesion seen.
  • Kidneys: 
  1. The kidneys are normal in size and have smooth renal margins.
  2. Cortical echotexture is normal. Corticomedullary differentiation is maintained.
  3. There are a few tiny echogenic foci or concretions seen in the both the kidneys. However, there is no definite calculus identified in either kidney.
  4. There is no hydronephrosis or calculus disease seen in either kidney. 
  5. No evidence of a hydroureter bilaterally.
  • Urinary bladder and prostate: Image not available.
  • Retroperitoneum:
  1. Partially obscured.
  2. There is no obvious evidence of significant lymphadenopathy or ascites.
  • Impression:
  1. Excessive bowel gas artifacts noted.
  2. Mild hepatomegaly with mildly coarse hepatic parenchyma.
  3. Borderline splenomegaly.
  • Please correlate the USG (ultrasonography) findings with history and clinicopathologically.
  • Investigations to be done: 
  1. Complete blood count. 
  2. Liver function tests which shall include serum proteins, bilirubin levels, and liver enzymes (SGOT, SGPT, GGTP).

Investigations have their limitations. Solitary radiological or pathological and other investigations never confirm the final diagnosis. They only help in diagnosing the disease in correlation to clinical symptoms and other related tests. Please interpret accordingly. Report not valid for medicolegal purposes.

For more information consult a radiologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/radiologist

| 

Do I need to worry about my LFT report?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29 year old male. My weight is 75 kg and height is 5'11". Two years ago, I was a heavy drinker. But, nowadays I only drink beer once a week for about 6 to 7 pints. My SGOT AND SGPT levels were much higher two years ago. I think they were around 150 to 175. I just got my LFT done b...  Read Full »

My daughter has cough. Shall I give her Dexona?

Query: Hello doctor, My 5 year old daughter is suffering from a cough and mild fever for the last four days. Doctor prescribed with LCF Syrup and Azithral Syrup, but she is still coughing. Today, when she was sleeping, we heard cracking and wheezing sound and difficulty in breathing. Shall I give her Dexon...  Read Full »

Are high sugar and raised liver enzymes side effects of Protonix?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been taking Protonix for almost three weeks for acid reflux. I had some blood laboratory work done and it showed my AST 812 and ALT 1,115. Could this be a rare side effect of Protonix? My glucose also went up to 192 and lipase is 72. I do not drink, smoke or use drugs...  Read Full »

Ask a Radiologist Now