Q. What is the treatment for erectile dysfunction and low libido?

I am facing with erectile dysfunction from the past couple of weeks and low libido, decrease in sexual desire. Before that, everything worked fine. I have performance pressure.

Psychiatry Psychotherapy Sexology
#

Please elaborate on what kind of issues you are facing? Do you have any ongoing stress? Any history of hypertension or diabetes? Any medicines you started recently? How the problem developed?

| 

I am stressed out a bit. Means my mind remains tensed without any reason. I do not have any history of hypertension and diabetes. I have tried to use Manforce 50 mg at the time of action but, which helped me earlier with erection maintenance for extra time, but now, it does not even create an erection for me.

Two years back, I and my wife planned for a baby and we were blessed with a baby boy. Until pregnancy was detected, everything worked smooth and fine but after baby birth, there was a gap of almost a year. Till then, my mind had practiced staying away from sex. After that, I started observing a downfall in my sexual desire. Not at all thinking of having sex. Sometimes, I used to get midnight erections but now, no such erections. Then, whenever we tried to have sex most of the times it was premature ejaculation with performance anxiety and later slowly started facing erectile dysfunction from a couple of weeks.

Psychiatry Psychotherapy Sexology
#

The history clearly shows that there is no organic cause of your problem. The problem is psychological and is a learned response. This will improve with time and with proper medicines. Apart from Manforce (Sildenafil), have you tried any other medicine? Did you get your serum testosterone levels done?

| 

No, I did not try any other medicine apart from Manforce as I do not try medications without proper advice. I would like to add that, I was diagnosed with thyroid in three years back which was on the higher side and also I had my serum testosterone levels done, which came on a very lower side. After that, I never got them checked again. I do not want to face any embarrassment in front of my wife. I want to regain my manhood power.

Psychiatry Psychotherapy Sexology
#

If your weight is in the obese range then try to reduce the weight and start doing exercise daily. This will boost the testosterone levels. Your main problem is due to anxiety which is more specifically performance anxiety. Try not to think again and again that you will perform badly. If your erection was good in the past then how can this become less when there is no apparent reason. Try to regain the lost confidence. You can try tablet Tadalafil 5 mg daily during bedtime for around four weeks. Also start taking supplements containing L-arginine. This you can find in any good nutrition or supplement shops. This will help to improve erection. In some time you will see improvement and you will come out of erectile dysfunction.

| 

Can you give me this on prescription? It will be much helpful.

Psychiatry Psychotherapy Sexology
#

For the prescription, you have to visit a psychiatrist in person. Take the medicine regularly and you will see improvement.

|