Q. When I put on a condom, the erection gets weaker. Why?

Dr. Raveendran Sr
and medically reviewed by Dr. Sushrutha Muralidharan
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 11, 2021 and last reviewed on: Sep 15, 2021

Sometimes when I am putting the condom on, the erection kind of gets weaker. And even when I can put the condom on with an erection, I tend to lose erection within one to two minutes. What should I do? Kindly give your opinion.

#

I can understand your concern about your symptoms. According to your complaints, you may have erectile dysfunction (ED).

Reasons for erectile dysfunction are:

1) Stress due to work or family-related problems, night duties, etc. Plan for regular exercise and yoga.

2) Depression.

3) Varicocele.

3) Fear of failure. Having one episode of ED once may make you feel you will end up with ED.

4) Low self-esteem (chronic masturbation).

5) Smoking and alcohol.

6) Long-term illness like cardiac disease, thyroid disease, kidney disease, or any other disease with long-term medication.

7) Negative attitude towards your partner.

8) Hormonal issues like a thyroid issue, low testosterone, etc.

9) Long-term drug usage.

You need to check the doppler penis, USG (ultrasonography), pelvis and scrotum, blood pressure, RBS (random blood sugar), free T3 and T4, testosterone, and TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone).

Please share more details regarding the above reasons. We can work on diagnosis and treatment. For a temporary solution, I suggest you use tablet Mildfil (Tadalafil) 5 mg twice a day. I hope this was helpful.

|