Q. Is it advisable to eat before you workout?

Dr. Albana Greca
Published on Aug 11, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 03, 2019

Should I always eat before workout? Why is it good to eat before you work out? What should I have?

Dr. Albana Greca

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

Usually, food is recommended to consume 2 to 3 hours before a workout. If workout will start in less than two hours, should consume easy to digest carbohydrates and protein such as protein smoothies, whole grains or oatmeal. If it will start in less than an hour, then Greek yogurt, piece of fruit such as banana, apple, orange.

Why am I not able to lose weight even after dieting?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 35 years old and I started dieting early last year. But it seems like my weight plateaued. I have been eating a low carb diet during weekdays and on Sundays, I eat the carbs that I want to eat. I work out 3 to 4 times a week. I sometimes sleep late. I have been on this schedule f...  Read Full >>

Dr. Shakti Mishra
Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, eating only low carbohydrate will not help. Follow a protein-rich, low carbohydrate, a fiber-rich diet that will fulfill the purpose. Have three small meals per day with lots of water. You can cheat sometimes with healthy junks. Exercise regularly with walk in ...  Read Full

I had a diet without rice and meat. Is it healthy?

Query: Hello doctor,I had this diet with no rice and meat for five months. Is it healthy? I eat meat but only when I attend occasions. I was 99 back then and now I am 73 kg.  Read Full >>

Dr. Suneetha B S
Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. An ideal diet is a balanced combination of carbohydrates, proteins, and fats. Eating meat is not a necessity if you are taking adequate vegetarian proteins. If you are avoiding rice, but substituting that with any other healthy carbohydrate, that should be fine too. ...  Read Full

My cervix length is small. Can I do some exercise to get normal delivery?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 23-week pregnant with DCDA twin. My CL at week 19 was 28 mm and I was asked to take bed rest. Can I do any exercise because I prefer natural delivery? Currently, I am taking Progesterone tablets vaginally and also weekly Progesterone injection.  Read Full >>

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to iclinq.com. Cervical length needs to be checked again at 24 weeks for further advice. In general, twin pregnancy has a tendency for preterm labor. Your focus right now should be on preventing preterm labor rather than normal delivery. For normal delivery to happen, you do not need t...  Read Full

Ask a Nutritionist Now