Q. My eye swelling has not reduced even after using eye drops. Why is it so?

Answered by Dr. Souhad and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

Do you have a question on Eye Swelling or Anti-allergy Medications? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

Before three days, I had a feeling in my eye that there was something in it, probably my eyelash. I tried to get it out with water, but the sensation did not go. After two days, I met a pharmacist who prescribed me an anti-allergy eye drop (containing Antazoline). I have been using it every three hours. However, the first time I used it, and then I woke up with a swollen red eye. Today is the sixth day of use, the redness has reduced, but the swelling is still there. The vision in the affected eye is now blurry along the side with a burning sensation on exposure to sunlight.