Q. My eye swelling has not reduced even after using eye drops. Why is it so?

Dr. Souhad
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on May 30, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jun 03, 2019

Before three days, I had a feeling in my eye that there was something in it, probably my eyelash. I tried to get it out with water, but the sensation did not go. After two days, I met a pharmacist who prescribed me an anti-allergy eye drop (containing Antazoline). I have been using it every three hours. However, the first time I used it, and then I woke up with a swollen red eye. Today is the sixth day of use, the redness has reduced, but the swelling is still there. The vision in the affected eye is now blurry along the side with a burning sensation on exposure to sunlight.

Dr. Souhad

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

Antazoline is not a drug to be used every three hours, and we as ophthalmologists do not use it much. I would advise you to consult an ophthalmologist because the blurriness that you are now experiencing is more worrying than the swelling of the eyelids and redness of the eye. Please take some high-quality photos of your eye and send them. I will try and help you in the best way possible. Also, provide me with your body temperature.

I have pain in ribs and breathing problems. Is it a sign of lung cancer?

Query: Hi doctor, For past four weeks, I have pain in my ribs. Also, I am experiencing breathing problems. It feels like something has stuck in the heart. For, a few days pain has been decreased. But breathing problem persists. I am also experiencing pain in my lower back. The pain is massive at night tim...  Read Full »

What causes swollen eyelid?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had a swollen eyelid for over five years, in one eye only, and it is more bulged than the other eye. The swelling is constant, it rarely disappears for a few hours, and it is affecting my look.  Read Full »