Q. Is there any serious concern in my LFT report?

This is a premium question & answer published on May 09, 2016 and last reviewed on: Feb 19, 2020

I do not eat spicy, but I have acidity. I have slight pain in the bones of foot. I am on blood pressure medication since five years. In my LFT there is a slight increase in SGOT 45.9 U/L and SGPT 77.4 U/L. I have attached my entire blood report for your reference. Please advise if it is of some serious concern.

#

• Your SGPT - serum glutamate-pyruvate transaminase is mildly raised. It is not a very serious problem.
  • Most probably it is due to fatty liver which can be confirmed on ultrasound. It could also be due to medication you are on.
  • Avoid fatty and spicy foods, smoking and alcohol if taking and cold drinks. Add more fresh fruits and fruit juices in your diet.
  • Eat green leafy vegetables. Both your fatty liver and acidity will benefit after following this diet.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

Why am I not able to lose weight even after dieting?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 35 years old and I started dieting early last year. But it seems like my weight plateaued. I have been eating a low carb diet during weekdays and on Sundays, I eat the carbs that I want to eat. I work out 3 to 4 times a week. I sometimes sleep late. I have been on this schedule f...  Read Full »

I am pregnant and having severe body itching. What is the treatment?

Query: Hi doctor, I am currently 26 weeks pregnant. I have developed severe itching all over my body, particularly in palms and soles of feet. I initially did not take it serious and kept applying coconut oil, Lacto calamine, etc., to get some relief. However, I did not get any relief from any of these. Th...  Read Full »

How long does it take for liver enzymes to normalize?

Query: Hi doctor, My ALT 384, AST 144, glutamyl 151, alkaline 131, albumin 45, lipase 24, amylase 68, CRP 7.7 and bilirubin normal. I have stopped drinking alcohol. How long will it take to normalize other enzyme levels? What are the risks I have from the above report?  Read Full »