Q. Is there any serious concern in my LFT report?

This is a premium question & answer published on May 09, 2016 and last reviewed on: Feb 19, 2020

I do not eat spicy, but I have acidity. I have slight pain in the bones of foot. I am on blood pressure medication since five years. In my LFT there is a slight increase in SGOT 45.9 U/L and SGPT 77.4 U/L. I have attached my entire blood report for your reference. Please advise if it is of some serious concern.

#

• Your SGPT - serum glutamate-pyruvate transaminase is mildly raised. It is not a very serious problem.
  • Most probably it is due to fatty liver which can be confirmed on ultrasound. It could also be due to medication you are on.
  • Avoid fatty and spicy foods, smoking and alcohol if taking and cold drinks. Add more fresh fruits and fruit juices in your diet.
  • Eat green leafy vegetables. Both your fatty liver and acidity will benefit after following this diet.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|