How is fatty liver managed?

Q. Please give me some advice or medication for fatty liver.

Dr. Prathish Kumar
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 08, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 19, 2021

I have a problem with my liver. I took an ultrasound last month and found that I have moderate fatty liver grade 2. I have soreness in my stomach sometimes. If I rate the pain from 1 to 10, it seems to be around 3 to 4. I need some advice and medication for it. What to do?

#

I have gone through your ultrasound report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and there is nothing to be worried. Fatty liver is common to occur and in the current era, it occurs due to food habits and inadequate physical work. Fatty liver is nothing but there is excess cholesterol deposition in the liver. It can be managed by having diet modification. Reduce taking oily, high fatty foods, carbohydrate foods and increase your physical exercise. Engage yourself in regular exercise. Do serum cholesterol levels and have a follow-up soon. Medicines can be taken if the levels are high.

You need to do a fasting lipid profile, fasting blood sugar (FBS), and post-prandial blood sugar (PPBS).

You seem to have fatty liver.

Have diet modification, do regular exercise, and avoid drinking alcohol.

|