Q. Can I feel fetal movements in the seventh week of pregnancy?

Dr. Deepti Katarya
and medically reviewed by Dr. K Shobana

I am 7 weeks pregnant, and my query is how often I should feel the baby movements?

Thanks.

#

It is good to feel around ten baby movements. The movements are mostly felt one hour after breakfast, lunch, and dinner. However, you might not feel the correct count until seven months. But gradually they will increase, and you will feel good movements after 30 weeks. So, if you get fewer movements now, do not panic. Kindly walk around, take some snacks, and gently stimulate your abdomen. And if you are unable to feel the movements even after this, kindly visit your doctor immediately.

Take care.

Thanks for the reply.

I am Rh-negative, and I have been advised to take an injection before delivery. May I know in which week that injection will be given?

Thanks.

#

The Anti-D injection (immunoglobulin D) for Rh negative mother is given in two doses. The first dose is given at 28 to 30 weeks of pregnancy and the second dose is given at 34 weeks of pregnancy. However, it may also be given as a single dose at 28 weeks.

Take care.

Thanks for the reply.

I am completing 28 weeks in two days. So, I will take the injection this week. Is watery discharge and white discharge normal?

Thanks.

#

Yes, clear whitish, watery discharge is normal. Any greenish, yellow, or curdy discharge causing itching, foul smell, or any other symptom is abnormal and needs attention.

Take care.

Hello doctor. I hope you are doing well. I am currently in the eighth month of pregnancy. I had got fever and cold, and it has reduced entirely now. But now, I got a dry cough, and whenever I cough, my upper abdomen is paining a lot, because of which I am trying to avoid coughing. Is there any medicine for dry cough? What should be done for the abdominal pain which is being caused by cough?

#

Well, it is good to hear that you have recovered from fever and cold. About dry cough, from when you are having this problem? Did you get yourself tested for the coronavirus? For relief, you can take Dextromethorphan cough syrup two spoons thrice a day. You can try some home remedies, too, like honey, ginger, and steam inhalation. In pregnancy, due to an overgrown uterus, many organs inside our abdomen are pressed up. So a slight pressure from the outside like coughing, sneezing causes pain, which is entirely normal. You do not have to do anything for this pain but have measures to prevent this cough. I wish you a speedy recovery. Take care.

|