Q. Can Pp26 and CC74 tablets prevent cleft lip and palate in fetus?

Dr. Vidya
Published on Feb 21, 2018

I had an abortion before 10 days due to a major cleft lip and palate to the child. When can I start planning to conceive again? Can I take a Pp26 tablet and CC74 tablet before three months of pregnancy to prevent this defect? I have attached my report.

Dr. Vidya

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Yes, it is important to take the above folic acid supplement to prevent cleft palate and lip and also neurological defects in the fetus. Take three months before conception and continue throughout pregnancy. Good luck.

For more information consult a childbirth educator online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/childbirth-educator

| 

Is it necessary to repair soft cleft palate with surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is now 2 years old. She has been detected with a soft cleft palate six months back. As of now, she does not have issue while eating as well as hearing. She used to drink milk with normal milk bottle we are in the process of removing her habit of milk bottle. Our pediatrician ...  Read Full »

Pregnancy test had two mildly visible lines, but it is now negative.

Query: Hello doctor, I had unprotected sex six weeks ago and my period was late for two weeks. I used the first PT when my period was five days late and it has two lines but it is not that visible. After three days, I tried again and it is already negative. Up to the two-weeks late period, all PT are negat...  Read Full »

Pregnancy and Birth

Article Overview: Pregnancy is the time taken for a fetus to develop inside a woman’s womb. Sometimes, if more than one embryo develops inside the uterus at the same time, it is known as a multiple pregnancy.  Read Article

Dr. Shruti Kainth Kaushal

Overview: Pregnancy is the time taken for a fetus to develop inside a woman’s womb. Sometimes, if more than one embryo develops inside the uterus at the same time, it is known as a multiple pregnancy. It typically lasts for 40 weeks from the last menstrual period (LMP). A woman can get pregna...  Read Article

Ask a Childbirth Educator Now