Q. My 6 months old grandson has developed red spots in body after eating egg yolk. Please help.

Dr. Prakash Nagar

After introduction of solid foods to my 6 months old grandson, he was doing well. We introduced rice, dal, pumpkin, apple, and beans. Urine, stool, and the body temperature was normal and baby is also active.

Next, we introduced egg yolk. Within 24 hours three rashes/red spot appeared on his left-hand palm. Within 48 hours another three red spots appeared in the mouth. Within 72 hours another two similar red spots appear on the left ear and it was there until today. Urine, stool, and body temperature is normal and the baby is a bit less active. We have stopped egg yolk but continue rice, dal, apple puree, banana. Baby is taking formula stage 2 at a normal rate. Please suggest what care we should take? Is there any suspected food allergy for him?

Dr. Prakash Nagar

Child Health Paediatrics
#

As you have mentioned, he is allergic to egg, you need to stop giving egg. Being allergic to one food, he might be allergic to other food or articles. Common food which are considered to be notorious are fish, peanuts, egg, and also take care of dust and pollen of flowers.

Currently, just give those food which you have already introduced. Do not add any new food for at least two weeks. Introduce new food in a very small quantity one at a time and watch for any reaction.

Presently as he is having rashes, give syrup Zyrtec (Cetirizine) 1.5 ml once daily for five days.

|