Q. Skin of penis is peeling a day after sex. Can it be yeast infection or STD?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 10, 2018 and last reviewed on: May 09, 2019

My partner and I had sex and a day after, the skin on his penis was peeling. I have no clue what it means. It is still peeling and we had sex a week ago. I went to get it checked out I have not heard anything yet. He said he got checked two weeks ago and I got checked a day after. Please note, I had chlamydia two years ago.

#

The peeling of skin after sexual intercourse occurs in 3 to 5 % of men. The most common cause is allergic (contact dermatitis), followed by fungal infection and STD like chlamydia or gonococcal infection. However, STD is associated with pain and dysuria. The other two are possible causes in your case.

For more information consult a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

So, can it be a yeast infection or STD?

#

Yeast infection and contact dermatitis are possible but STD (sexually transmitted diseases) is unlikely as that will be associated with burning during urination, fever, and pain. So, I do not think it is an STD but yeast infection is possible and so is contact dermatitis.

It is nothing serious. If you have used a condom or spermicide jelly that should be avoided in the future.

|