Q. Are frequent urination and clots in urine signs of pregnancy?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 01, 2016 and last reviewed on: Apr 03, 2020

I had sex on the second day of my period, then my bleeding stopped. After five days, I had a pregnancy test and it was negative. But, now I am having frequent urination with burns and sometimes a single clot in urine. Am I pregnant?

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• No, you are not pregnant. You had sex on the second day, which was anyhow your safe period.
  • The bleeding stopped due to progestins released during sex and once their effect died in next 48 to 72 hours, the menstrual bleeding has restarted.
  • So, do not be worried. Just allow the bleeding to stop naturally.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

What is the reason for red meatus and burning sensation during urination?

Query: Hi doctor, My meatus is red and has a small spot on one side. There is a constant burning sensation when I urinate. I am frequently urinating in small amounts. Recently, I had a DRE, and they told me that my prostate is enlarged. I have a foul smell from my penis. I never had this problem before. I...  Read Full »

From the reports, kindly explain about my wife's burning sensation during urination.

Query: Hello doctor, My wife has been having a burning sensation of urine for more than a year now. Earlier, she took Taxim-O, but after stopping it, the burning sensation came back. When it comes, it stays for 5 hours or so. She feels very uncomfortable and hardly can move. She was advised to take Uroton...  Read Full »

My period is due in three days. Is there still a chance I can get pregnant?

Query: Hello doctor,Today I had unprotected sex with my partner. In just three days my period is due. He pulled out and I am sure he did not come inside me. Is there still a chance I can get pregnant? Please help.  Read Full »