Q. What is the treatment for the fungal infection on my right hand?

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 22, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 28, 2021

I have one red spot on my right hand, which is a fungal infection. Sometimes, it will grow in other body parts like stomach or legs, but then automatically disappears in 2 to 3 days. I am so worried. What to do? What is the treatment for this?

#

• In the case of a fungal infection, you can try using Onabet (Sertaconazole) cream or Episert (Sertaconazole) cream or DK gel (Miconazole), twice a day.
  • But if there is a recurrence, then oral antifungal medications should be considered.

Revert with more information to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

No doctor, I do not have diabetes or hypertension. I have sent images of the lesion. 

#

I have seen the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• There is no need of oral medication at present. I suggest you try applying the following after consulting your doctor.
  1. Terbikem (Terbinafine) cream, once daily.
  2. Episert or Onabet (Sertaconazole) cream, once daily for two weeks.
  • If you notice new spots on other parts of the body, apply these creams.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|