Q. I have painful eruptions on thighs, forearms and lower back. What could it be?

Dr. Dilip Meena

I have these eruptions randomly on my skin since the past few weeks. They are present mostly on thighs, forearms and lower back. They feel tight and are painful to touch. What are these? Do I need to get them treated or will they go away over time?

Dr. Dilip Meena

Dermatology Venereology
#

These are furuncles, a bacterial infection of the hair follicles. Use the following medications for five days. Kindly visit your physician, discuss the suggestion and take treatment with consent.

A. Tablet Cefadroxil 500 mg twice a day.

B. Tablet Flexon 500 mg (Paracetamol, Ibuprofen) twice a day.

C. Ointment T-Bact (Mupirocin) twice a day.

You will get better with these medications. If you have these again and again, then you might need some other drugs but for now, use these for five days.

| 

I had one-month antibiotic course twice. The condition disappears while I take antibiotic and then after a few days of discontinuation it returns. After the second course, the furuncles went away, but now they are back again. You still want me to continue with this five days course again?

Dr. Dilip Meena

Dermatology Venereology
#

If you have taken two months of antibiotic, then you need to take the following medication for two weeks to prevent further recurrence along with five days of above drugs,

Capsule R-Cin 600 mg (Rifampicin) before breakfast for two weeks. This medicine will cause slight reddish discoloration of urine, but that is normal.

|