Q. I am not able to gain weight and muscles. Please advise.

Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Gain Weight or Weight Gain? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

Hello doctor, I am 21 years old and my height is 5'7" and my weight is 57kg. My problem is related to my reduced body growth and development. I regularly take diet 3-4 times a day and drink about 3 litres of water a day. Besides this, I have also taken health supplements like horlicks/enduramass in the past. But still my weight and muscles do not increase. My cheeks are sunken and I always look tired to people. My face skin does not glow at all and I always look tired. My bones in the back, and neck are completely visible and my nerves in my hands are also visible.

I have consulted doctors in the past and some of them gave some medicines/vitamins, but nothing worked out. My urine smells very bad (not always) and so I had also undergone urine test 2 years back, but nothing major found by doctors and I was only given some vitamins. I do not suffer any major disease. For your information, I masturbate once in 7-10 days. My confidence is decreasing and I find myself out of my friends circle. Doctor please help me. How can I look like at least average boys of my age group.