Q. I have a blistering skin condition on the base of penis. What could it be?

Published on Aug 15, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I have a blistering skin condition on the base of my penis. One month ago, I had some ingrown hair which I pulled and it healed very slowly. Now, it appeared from nowhere. It is not itching, neither is it painful. I always use a condom.

Cosmetology Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Plastic Surgery – Reconstructive And Cosmetic Venereology
#

I have seen the photos attached by you (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is going in favor of herpes.

For further queries consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Thank you for the fast reply. The fact is that my partner has not had any signs whatsoever. Also, it is the fourth day now. Should it not be crusting already? The blisters by palpation have become a bit hard now. There is no pain.

#

It is not necessary to have symptoms in the partner. The whole process can take seven to 15 days.

I suggest taking Acyclovir 400 mg thrice daily for seven days and Amoxicillin-Clavulanic acid combination 625 mg thrice daily for seven days and application of Fusidic acid cream twice daily for seven days. Consult a specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent.

The clustering of vesicles is going in favor of herpes.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

By clustering, do you mean vesicles getting in contact between them and becoming bigger? Usually, when do the vesicles erupt?

#

Clustering means separate vesicles present in a single dermatome. Usually, the vesicles rupture in three to four days.

Why are there blisters on my finger, nipples and around my eyes?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a blister on my finger, nipples, and around my eyes. I have a problem in my immune system for about a week. I have eczema. I am taking Triamcinolone ointment.  Read Full >>

Dr. Shanza Ikram

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the query (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your eczema is in active form now due to the depressed immune status. Please mix Hydrocortisone and Clotrimazole cream in equal amount and apply it over the lesions for two times a day. Take...  Read Full

My son suspects to have genital herpes. Is it safe for my pregnant daughter to be near him?

Query: Hello doctor, My 26-year-old son suspects to have genital herpes. He had one outbreak of something in his genitals about six weeks ago but no other symptoms. He has not seen a doctor nor has he had any testing. He does not believe he has it. He is going to spend this weekend with his sister who is ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since there is no evidence of the infection, there is nothing to worry about. However, it is always better to get checked once and take necessary precautions. Just try to avoid sharing the toiletries in case you are suspicious about genital herpes. As the pregnancy is...  Read Full

What could be the cause of penis blisters?

Query: Hello doctor,I have blisters on the head of my penis due to masturbation without proper lubricant. I thought that it would heal by itself in a few days but now the blister popped and the skin is very tender and hurts to the touch. Also, another blister of sort, developed on the tip. It cannot be an ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are a few conditions which cause painful blisters even without a sexual contact, like genital herpes, primary syphilis, impetigo among others. Please provide more details: Are these blisters painful or painless? Is there a discharge that you noticed? Is there a ...  Read Full