Q. Can Ovidac injection give false beta hCG values?

Dr. Aparna M Sathawane
Published on Aug 11, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I conceived with the help of frozen embryo transfer, which was done the 26th of last month. My last menstrual period was on the seventh of last month. My beta hCG was 494 on seventh of this month, it was 886 on the ninth, and it was 2875 on the 12th. A few days back, I started mild spotting, so I consulted a doctor. He did an ultrasound and said everything is fine. The ultrasound picture had a small black hole in it. The doctor prescribed Ovidac and Michele injection. Yesterday, I decided to get a beta hCG checked, and it was 10636. Does Ovidac interfere with beta hCG? I took Ovidac 24 hours before the blood test. Please explain. Thank you.

Dr. Aparna M Sathawane

Childbirth Educator Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• Your beta hCG is increasing normally. There is no need to worry.
  • Ovidac (human chorionic gonadotropin) will not interfere with the natural increase of beta hCG. If there were chances of miscarriage, then even after taking Ovidac injections, beta hCG would have decreased and bleeding would have started.
  • Continue all medicines given by your doctor. If you are taking any blood thinner tablets or injections, please stop it.

For more information consult an infertility specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/infertility-specialist

Thank you for replying. At the moment, I do not have any bleeding. I was worried that the Ovidac injection might have given false beta hCG results. Is beta hCG value of 10636 healthy? Three frozen embryos were transferred.

Dr. Aparna M Sathawane

#

• Yes, 10636 is a good value according to the date of the embryo transfer. You might have a single embryo growing out of the three.
  • It is good that you are not bleeding. Do not worry about Ovidac injection.

For further queries consult an infertility specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/infertility-specialist

Is spotting due to I-pill or early pregnancy symptoms?

Query: Hi doctor,I had unprotected sex five month back and took I-pill within 12 to 14 hours. I have done home tests on the sixth and ninth day which were negative. I had brown spotting on the 13th day and some spotting today as well. My last period was ten days before having sex. Is the spotting due to th...  Read Full »

My beta hCG values are 5.73 and 5.26. Does it confirm pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 38 years old. I did not get my last month period. After 15 days of missed period, my beta hCG value is 5.73. What is the chance of pregnancy? Do I have any issue? Please guide me.  Read Full »

Does spotting after I-pill rule out pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife started her last menstrual cycle on the 22nd of the previous month. We had protected sex on the 27th of the previous month. Unfortunately, the condom ruptured but, I was able to pull it out a few seconds before ejaculating. Just to be safe, she took an I-pill seven hours after ...  Read Full »

Ask an Infertility Specialist Now