Q. I have a constant headache after a head injury. What to do?

I had a head injury last week. I started doing normal activities after five days, but now I have a constant headache. I have an exam later this month. What should I do?

#

I read your query and understand your concerns.

• The presence of a headache after head injury is present in 20 to 30 % of individuals, but most often it is related to stress and other factors rather than the head injury itself. The possibility of stress causing this sort of a headache is high as you have an exam later this month.
  • I mean to say that, stress management is key for you to tackle this persistent headache. In case the headache remains persistent, an option of low dose TCA (tricyclic antidepressants) such as Amitriptyline 10 mg at bedtime, which can be used after talking to your doctor. I need to emphasize here that a persistent headache is unlikely to respond to simple painkillers, as we need to control the causative factors.
  • I hope this helps you. Feel free to write back to me if you have more questions. If you plan to write back, please do not forget to describe the nature of the head injury and associated symptoms along with the duration of each symptom.

Thanks and regards.

Revert with more information to a neurologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/neurologist

|