Q. From the attached reports, please tell me if I need angioplasty.

I have breathlessness while walking or taking stairs, chest congestion at times, and sleeplessness. I am diabetic and take Insulin twice a day. Please find the attached reports of ECG, echo, and angiography. Is angioplasty required? Can blockage be tackled with medicines alone?

#

I have seen the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• Yes, you should undergo angioplasty because you are having symptoms on exertion. The ECG changes are suggestive of deficient blood supply. Also, the blockage is significant 80 %. At this moment, your heart function is normal, so to maintain it, you should undergo angioplasty.
  1. Avoid fatty, oily and high-calorie diet.
  2. Have low-salt diet and monitor blood pressure regularly. The BP should not be persistently more than 140/90 mmHg.
  3. Regular exercises like brisk walking and jogging, according to your capacity for at least 30 minutes a day and five days a week.
  4. Eat a lot of green leafy vegetables, fruits, fish once or twice a week, avoid meat.
  5. Avoid smoking and alcohol if any.

Hope this helps you and get back if you have any doubts.

For further queries consult a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

|