Q. Kindly tell me the management of heartburn and gas problem.

Dr. C Elanchezhian

I have heartburn and gas problem. I have burning pain in between chest and stomach. I have feeling of something stuck on throat. I am facing difficulty with continuous burping.

Do you have a question on Heartburn or Gerd?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. C Elanchezhian

M.D GEN,MEDICINE

According to your complaints, you are having GERD- gastroesophageal reflux disease. You can undergo endoscopy examination to rule out any upper GI problems. Try the following medicines and review:

1. Tablet PAN D 1 BID before food.

2. Tablet Libarex 1 BID after food.

3. Tablet Alprax 0.5.

4. Liquid Sucralfate 10 ml BID after food for 10 days.

Also Read Answers From: Heartburn Gerd

What is the reason for heart burn for four months?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 35-year-old male having daily heartburn running for more than four months. Currently, having Omeprazole and Domperidone.  Read Full »
Dr. Vandana Andrews

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your details and I appreciate your concern. It looks like you are having symptoms of GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease). It occurs when stomach acid goes back into the food pipe. Both acid reflux and heartburn are part of it. An endoscopy can ...  Read Full »

I often have heartburn. What can I do?
Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from heartburn, chest pain, nausea, and breathlessness. I got done 2D echo, ECG, vitamins D levels, endoscopy, and blood tests. All the reports¬†are normal.  Read Full »
Dr. Surbhi Agrawal
Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are several things you can do to prevent an episode of heartburn like: Avoid alcohol. Normally alcohol in moderation is well tolerated by many, but for people prone to acidity, even a small amount of alcohol can cause discomfort. Avoid smoking. The nicotine in to...  Read Full »

Why is there diarrhea and burps in a GERD patient?
Query: Hello doctor, My doctor, a long time ago, said that I have GERD. It is an acid reflux condition. I get really disgusting burps that taste like rotten eggs and I get diarrhea. That will go on for about three hours and then I throw up and I feel fine. I take acid reducers but I still end up getting i...  Read Full »
Dr. Sultan Zeb Khan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you are having GERD which is gastric esophageal reflux disease which means acid of your stomach along with food regurgitate into your food pipe known as the esophagus. There are many causes for that like being overweight, excess tea, coffee or cold drinks intake, e...  Read Full »

Trending

Trending

Ask a Doctor Now