Q. What are the possibilities of transmitting HSV-2 from an infected woman to a man?

Dr. Saurabh Pandey
This is a premium question & answer published on May 07, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 09, 2021

What is the possibility of transmitting HSV2 from an infected woman to a man? How to prevent it if they intend to enter into a relationship?

#

I understand your concern regarding HSV (herpes simplex virus). It spreads through oral, vaginal, or anal sex. It may spread even if you do not see them with blisters. It can also spread to other parts of the body including eyes, lips, mouth, and by touching open blisters. Having unprotected sex increases the risk of having genital herpes. Follow these precautions. Always use condoms while having sex. Do not touch the affected area. Try to say your partner about your genital herpes. Do not have sex until he or she knows that you have genital herpes. It can be treated effectively by taking proper medication.

|