Q. What are the possibilities of transmitting HSV-2 from an infected woman to a man?

Dr. Saurabh Pandey
This is a premium question & answer published on May 07, 2020 and last reviewed on: May 19, 2020

What are the possibilities of transmitting HSV2 from an infected woman to a man and how to prevent it if they intend to enter into a relationship. Thanks

#

Hello , Welcome to Icliniq.

I understand your concern about the HSV .. before I begin to preventive measures let me tell you it how it can spreads.. It is spread through oral, vaginal, or anal sex. It may be spread even if you do not see blisters. It can also be spread to other areas of your body, including your eyes, lips, mouth, by touching open blisters.

Unprotected sex increases your risk for genital herpes. Now as you are well aware about its spreads now you just have to take precautions accordingly. Follow the following advice-

1. Always use condom
  2. Try not to touch affected area
  3. Tell your partner about genital herpes. Do not have sex until he or she knows that you have genital herpes.

Fortunately It can be treated effectively with proper medication.. let me know in the follow up if you need it. I hope this will help you. Regards! Do give your valuable feedback.

|