Q. Is tablet Pansec increasing my father's creatinine levels?

Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on High Creatinine Levels or Pantoprazole? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My father is being treated for peptic ulcer, from the past 15 days. So, he is taking a medicine called as Pansec 40 mg, in the morning and evening. He has also developed slight kidney problems, and his creatinine has raised to 1.6. To rule out renal cancer, the doctor will perform a renal biopsy next week, but his creatinine level has to be less than 1.4. Is this medicine increasing his creatinine level? Can we stop Pansec till his biopsy is done? Kindly let me know, it will be of great help.