Q. Is it normal to have high RBC and hemoglobin counts with low glycated hemoglobin?

Answered by Dr. Parth R Goswami and medically reviewed by Dr. Divya Banu M

Do you have a question on High Rbc Count or Glycated Hemoglobin? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: Is it normal to have high RBC and hemoglobin counts with low glycated hemoglobin?

I am 53 years old, 183 lbs, 5'4". For years, I ran a high white blood count and the oncologist said nothing can be done about that. We need to now watch red blood count and RBC distribution and watch my spleen. Now approximately nine years later, for the last four years, I am seeing red blood count high, hemoglobin high, hematocrit high, monocytes high, red cell distribution worth high, mean corpuscular hemoglobin content low, glycated hemoglobin high. I am very concerned.