Q. Four days after protected sex, I developed a fever. Please help.

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva
and medically reviewed by Dr. K Shobana

I had sex with a girl before three months. She got tested for HIV and the result came negative. But now I have a low fever for four days. I have a doubt whether she has spread the virus through the condom she gave to me. Can anyone spread a virus through condoms? I know that it seems to be funny but I have fever after having exposure.

#

If you had protected sex and if the condom was used consistently without any breakage in the condom, then the risk of acquiring HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) is non-existent in your case. Your apprehensions are not factual. You have mentioned that your partner had a negative result for HIV and so there is a reduced chance for you to have HIV from your partner. You need to know your own baseline HIV status and get tested for the same. Having a fever does not mean that you have HIV. The symptoms are not shown. The attached test report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) shows hemoglobin, platelet, and blood indices and they are absolutely normal.

|