Q. I have pain in my penis. Can I be infected with HIV?

I had unprotected sex 90 days back and my symptoms now are penis pain. The body pains, muscles pain, and my upper lips have white spots. Two months ago, I got a sinus surgery. I am afraid of HIV. After 65 days of the exposure, I had an RNA-PCR test done, p24 and a duo combo test. In 90 days, I had a Western Blot and ELISA test and everything came negative. I have a tonsils problem too.

Dr.Ramchandra Lamba
MD ( PSYCHIATRY) ., MBBS
Psychiatry, Psychologist/ Counsellor, Sexology

I have gone through your problem and understand your concern.

As all the test for HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) are negative at the initial level and after 90 days, it means you are not infected with this virus. So do not panic.

Pain at multiple sites can be due to other medical conditions that are psychological in origin because of excessive worry and anxiety.

For white spots on the upper lips, get a consultation with a dermatologist to find the cause of it.

Probably you are having too much anxiety as to suffering from a serious infection.

In such situations, SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) and psychotherapy are helpful.

For more information consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

Is it confirm that I am not HIV positive?

Dr.Ramchandra Lamba
MD ( PSYCHIATRY) ., MBBS

The tests that detect an early infection and viral load like p24, RNA (ribonucleic acid) PCR (polymerase chain reaction) are negative.

Hence, probably you should be sure that you are not having this infection at present.

* expert medical advice guaranteed.

Also Read Answers From

Ask a Sexologist »
* expert medical advice guaranteed.