Q. I have pain in my penis. Can I be infected with HIV?

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba
and medically reviewed by Dr.Sowmiya
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 25, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jan 24, 2022

I had unprotected sex 90 days back, and now, I have pain in my penis. I also have body pain, pain in the muscles, and my upper lips have white spots. I have a tonsils problem too. Two months ago, I got sinus surgery. I am afraid If I have HIV. After 65 days of exposure, I had an RNA-PCR test, p24, and a duo combo test. In 90 days, I had a Western Blot and ELISA test, and all the test results came negative.

#

I have gone through your problem and understand your concern. All the tests for HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) are negative at the initial level, and after 90 days, you are not infected with this virus. So do not panic. Pain at multiple sites can be due to other medical conditions that are psychological in origin because of excessive worry and anxiety. For white spots on the upper lips, get a consultation with a dermatologist to find its cause. Probably you have too much anxiety as to suffering from a severe infection. SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) and psychotherapy are helpful in such situations.

Is it confirm that I am not HIV positive?

#

The tests that detect an early infection and viral load like p24, RNA (ribonucleic acid) PCR (polymerase chain reaction) are negative.

Hence, probably you should be sure that you are not having this infection at present.

For more information consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

|