Q. Which HIV test can be done nine days after possible exposure?

Dr. Kakkar

I did deep kissing like nine days ago with a girl that had HIV. Of course, I knew that after. And while it was dark, I was kissing her body too but because I did not have condom we did not have sex. Is it possible to get HIV by kissing her body or contacts with a body rash or something like it? And, is it possible to do an HIV test after nine days? I already did it though.

#

I have noted your concern.

Kissing is safe as far as the risk of HIV is concerned unless she had oral sores or bleeding gums which may increase the risk. Kissing on the skin is also not a risk.

HIV is only transmitted through unprotected sex - either vaginal, anal or oral sex. Still, if you want to get tested you may take an antigen/ antibody screening test at four weeks for a conclusive result. At nine days it is possible to take an HIV RNA PCR test as it has a short window period of nine to 13 days. Regards.

For more information consult an HIV AIDS specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/HIV-AIDS-specialist

|