iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersHIV/AIDS specialisthivI have a fever and blood in my urine after having sex. Why?

Should I be worried about the fever and blood in my urine after a sexual encounter?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At February 5, 2023
Reviewed AtDecember 1, 2023

Patient's Query

Hi doctor,

I had a sexual exposure two and half months ago, wherein I had receptive anal sex, where that guy inserted his penis only two times as I bled a little. Then I sucked him, and he ejaculated in my mouth where I had no sores. Four days after this, I got nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and a low-grade fever. The family doctor diagnosed it as amoebiasis and gave me tablets. After that, my diarrhea and other symptoms went off. But my feverish feeling was not going, and suddenly, after two weeks, I continuously had blood in my urine for two weeks. Even my CBC(Complete Blood Count)showed an indication of a bacterial infection. After taking those tablets, my CBC came back normal. But till today, I am feeling feverish without reason. I had done third generation rapid antibody test twice first; at four and eight weeks, both came negative. Now im afraid that I may have contracted HIV. My question is can I believe these HIV test results?


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I understand your concern.

You had symptoms, and you went for third generation, which were negative. So it means no HIV status. Take plenty of liquids, three to three and a half liters, so if at all residue of infection if it goes. Liquid Citralka two teaspoons times a day after food for three to five days with half a glass of water and you will feel better.

Thank you.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Shah Sushma Kant
Dr. Shah Sushma Kant

HIV/AIDS specialist

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Read answers about:

anal sexhiv

Ask your health query to a doctor online

HIV/AIDS specialist

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy