Q. I am having headache and my period is late. Could it be a hormonal headache?

Dr. Rajyaguru
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 17, 2016 and last reviewed on: Nov 07, 2020

I am 24 years old. I have a headache for about a week. When I move, I have pulsating headache, especially on the left side of my head and around my eyes. I use pills like Gelofen 400, Acetaminophen and Codeine, but I do not feel better. I am not sensitive to light and sound like migraines. I should have got my periods before three days, but I have not gotten yet. I never had hormonal headache before. Could it be a hormonal headache?

#

• It can be a hormonal headache.
  • But, hormonal headache comes every time you have hormonal changes in your body. This episode of headache is first time for you I suppose.
  • To make a diagnosis of hormonal headache, we need to wait and see if it happens every time before your period.
  • I would suggest you tablet Topiramate 50 mg twice a day and Tablet Flunarin 10 mg (Flunarizine) at bedtime. Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.
  • If your headache persists for long, especially when you stop the above medicines, then please get an MRI brain done to rule out the other possible causes of headache.

For further information consult a neurologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/neurologist

|