Q. I have headaches along with body pain, nausea and depression. Kindly help.

Dr. Afifa Nighat

I have been getting bad migraines for a while now, where my head feels like pounding, and I feel very dizzy and faint. I also feel tired of body pain and nausea every time I eat something. I also get kidney pains such as cramps and on and off stitch feeling for months now. I am not currently on any medication, but I was on tablets for depression a little ago, but I stopped taking them as I did not find they helped. Is this normal?

#

Before proceeding to the discussion, did your doctor tell you that you are having a migraine or assumed yourself? Are you putting on weight?

Your overall signs and symptoms of body aches, fatigue, depression, and temperature sensitivity suggest the likely diagnosis of hypothyroidism. It happens when our body's thyroid gland does not produce an adequate quantity of thyroid hormones to meet body metabolic demands. To reach a definitive diagnosis, we need thyroid function tests TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone), FT4, and FT3.

Once we confirm the diagnosis and start you on Thyroxine (hormone replacement) treatment, you will feel a remarkable improvement in your symptoms.

Meanwhile, to relieve symptoms temporarily, you can start tablet Motilium 10 mg thrice daily. Drink plenty of water up to 10-12 glasses a day. Eat fresh fruits and vegetables.

| 

Worst Headache Ever? It Could be Brain Aneurysm!!

Article Overview: A ruptured brain aneurysm is a potentially fatal condition that needs emergency care. This article helps you understand this condition and educates you regarding your treatment options. Read Article

Dr. Saurabh Joshi

This is a medical condition in which one of the arteries of the brain develops a weakened area that balloons out, like an inflated balloon. This can burst and result in bleeding within the brain. What Are the Symptoms of An Aneurysm? An unruptured aneurysm may not cause any symptoms. Some symptoms...  Read Article

Depression - a State of Mood Imbalance

Article Overview: As this world is growing more advanced in every field possible, depression is becoming a common term talked about by almost everyone. Read Article

Let us see what depression actually means. Depression in simple words is a state of mood imbalance. It is characterised by prolonged sadness, irritability and loss of interest in daily activities. Changes in mood, irritability, anxiety, sleepiness, etc., are common but when these signs become so pr...  Read Article

Why do I feel tired to do any work? Why do I sleep for more time?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from the heavy headedness and weakness. I sleep for more time. When I wake up in the morning, I feel heaviness, especially in the back and side region. Because of this, I feel tried to do any work. I do not feel active the whole day. I also feel pain in the legs, below the...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»